Exploring things of significance to me (Non-poetic.)

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Song of a woman scorned

Please let me lay here in the comfort of my cocoon
My cocoon is safe and draped in great caution
It guards my heart while I nurse it's wounds
Wounds caused by those who claimed they loved me the most

Oh why won’t you let me stay here in the comfort of my cocoon?

I have always been ugly and unworthy... I have come to accept that
My only merit is the shine of the silk on the face my cocoon
It flickers caution... keep off my turf!

Please don’t force me out of the comfort of my cocoon

You only further ignite my fear
It’s petrifying to imagine the span, let alone colours of my wings
What if they are not beautiful enough?

No! I refuse to come out!

To take that risk and trust again?
To take that leap of love again?
No! Go! Go far away so I may resume stance... in the comfort of my cocoon!

Sarah Kenyi © 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment